Monday, April 22, 2019

Suzette Stitch Dishcloth

In honor of Earth Day, I'm sharing a dishcloth pattern.   I like using 100% cotton cloths in the kitchen and bathroom.  Once they start looking a little dingy, I use them as reusable paper towels for cleaning, wiping and other chores.  The old ones are stored in a pretty basket under my sink.  When they get really grungy, they are sent to the rag box in the garage for outdoor chores.  Eco-Friendly!

I have been trying the past few years to make less of an impact on the environment through my choices in shopping and my use of disposable products at home.

This is one of my favorite patterns.  Once you try it, you will see why.  The Suzette Stitch gives a nicely textured solid dishcloth.  It's a simple combination of single crochet and double crochet, which makes it easy for beginners.

Supplies:
Cotton Yarn 75-100yards
Size H Crochet Hook
Yarn Needle

Stitches & Abbreviations:
Chain = ch
Double Crochet = dc
Single Crochet = sc
Stitch = st
Hook = hk

Pattern:
  • Chain 28 
  • Row 1: sc & dc in the second ch from the hk, skip one ch, (sc & dc in next, skip one ch) repeat across, sc in last ch, ch 1 turn
  • Row 2:  sc & dc in the first st skip one st, (sc & dc in next, skip one st) repeat across, sc in last st, ch 1 turn
  • Repeat row 2 until dishcloth is square or desired size.  Weave in ends using the yarn needle. 
Notes: To resize this dishcloth or to use the Suzette Stitch for another project, use an even number in the starting chain.

Add this to your queue or favorites on Ravelry
Pin this on Pinterest
  
 Happy Stitching!
💗 Grandma Duck 💗

10 comments:

  1. Again another great pattern - so love the colours that you choose for yur patterns - they look great & very inviting to make. Can't wait to see what else you create. Many thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Suzette stitch is one of my top 5 stitches. I love how it looks in dishcloths and in blankets! If you make one, I'd love to see a picture. Hugs!

      Delete
  2. Can I ask the stitches are in US terminology, am in the UK, just need to check Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, all the stitches are in US terminology. Thanks for asking!

      Delete
  3. I love these! The yarn color is beautiful too. May I ask what yarn/color you used?

    ReplyDelete
  4. THANK YOU FOR SHARING 😁!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete