Friday, July 26, 2019

Shifting Sands Dishcloth


It's hard to believe that there is only one month left of summer!  July was spent designing and starting my collection of hats to donate in my community.  Expect to see several new designs over the next few weeks.  There are a dishcloth, a hat, and a blanket nearly set to be released.  I'm excited to share what I've been working on.

One of the things that I struggle with when crocheting is borders.  I find it hard to figure out the correct placement on the sides for the stitches.  To help combat this, I wanted to design a dishcloth that had a built-in border.

Lately, I've been enamored with the crunch stitch.  It has such a fabulous texture.  I first used the crunch stitch when playing around with ideas for my second set of baby washcloths, Tub Time Trio, Set 2.  So, I decided to create a dishcloth with a crunch stitch center and a border.

Since the crunch stitch is alternating half double crochet and slip stitches, I estimated that it would be about the same height as a single crochet.  It worked!  The result is very close to what I was picturing in my head.  I love it when an idea comes together on the first try!

A great big thank you to my friend Heather for the fun name for this dishcloth!


Supplies:
Cotton yarn
Hook size H
Scissors
Yarn needle

Abbreviations:
ch = chain
st = stitch
sc = single crochet
sl st = slip stitch
hdc = half double crochet
hk = hook

Note: ch 1 is a turning chain and does not count as a stitch.

Pattern: 
Ch 27
Row 1: sc in 2nd st from hk, sc across (26 stitches)
Row 2: ch 1, turn, sc in each st across (26 stitches)
Row 3: ch 1, turn, sc in first two stitches [hdc in next, sl st in next] repeat until only two stitches remain, sc in last 2 st (26 stitches)
Rows 4-24: repeat row 3
Rows 25-26: repeat row 2

Pin on Pinterest
Place this in your Ravelry Queue

Happy Crafting
🧡 Grandma Duck 🧡

This pattern is for personal use only. It cannot be sold, redistributed, or edited in any way.



No comments:

Post a Comment