Sunday, May 26, 2019

Tub Time Trio, Set 2

Tub Time Trio #4: HHDC 
Since writing the pattern for my first set of Tub Time Trio baby washcloths, I've made several sets for baby gifts. Recently, I tried the Herringbone Half Double Crochet stitch. Ooooooooo! I really like it! (Expect to see it again soon in a few upcoming patterns.) I thought that it would be a perfect stitch for a baby washcloth, which set me on a journey to find two more washcloth textures for another set of Tub Time Trio Baby Washcloths.

I recently published a Suzette Stitch Dishcloth pattern. So I downsized the pattern to baby washcloth size and added a beginning row and ending row of single crochet.

Next was to find a third textured stitch to complete the trio. I tried Moss Stitch, but wasn't thrilled with the results. I thought about using the Sedge stitch, but decided it was too similar in feel to the Suzette stitch. I skimmed over my list of stitches that I want to try and decided to test the Crunch Stitch. Yes! That was the perfect stitch to complete my trio.

New moms will love these soft washcloths for giving babies baths or washing sweet little faces. There are now six washcloths patterns sized just for little ones. If you make a washcloth, I'd love to see a picture in the comments/

Supplies:
1 skein of I Love This Cotton yarn 
H size crochet hook
yarn needle 
Scissors

Stitches and Abbreviations:
CH = Chain
SC = Single Crochet
HHDC = Herringbone Half Double Crochet
DC = Double Crochet
HDC = Half Double Crochet
SL ST = Slip Stitch
ST = Stitch

Special Stitches:
Instructions for the HHDC can be found here: Herringbone Half Double Crochet

Finished size about 5.5 square inches each.

Tub Time Trio #4: Herringbone Half Double Crochet Washcloth
Uses approximately 30 yards

Chain 21
Row 1: SC in 2nd CH from Hook and in each CH across. (20 stitches)
Row 2: CH 1, turn, HHDC in first ST, HHDC in each stitch across (20 stitches)
Row 3-15: Repeat Row 2
Row 16: CH 1, turn, SC in first ST, SC in each stitch across

For the striped washcloth, change color every two rows.
  

Tub Time Trio #5: Suzette Stitch Washcloth
Uses approximately 30 yards

Chain 22
Row 1: SC in 2nd CH from hook, SC across row (21 stitches)
Row 2: CH 1, Turn, SC & DC in the first ST skip one ST, (SC & DC in next, skip one ST) repeat across, SC in last st (21 stitches)
Row 3-18: Repeat Row 2
Row 19: SC in each ST across



  
Tub Time Trio #6: Crunch Stitch Washcloth
Uses approximately 35 yards

Chain 23
Row 1: SC in 2nd CH from hook, SC across row (22 stitches)
Row 2: HDC in the first ST, SL ST in the next [*HDC in the next ST, SL ST in the next*] Repeat across row (11 HDC, 11 SL ST)
Row 3-22: Repeat Row 2
Row 23: SC in each ST across





One skein of I Love This cotton was enough to make two Herringbone Half Double Crochet, two Suzette, and two Crunch Stitch washcloths. I probably had enough yarn to make both HHDC washcloths out of the same yarn, but I wanted to see how stripes would look.

Put this pattern in your Ravelry Queue
Pin this pattern on Pinterest

Happy Crafting!
💗 Grandma Duck 💗

"Sometimes the littlest things take up the most room in your heart." --Winnie the Pooh

No comments:

Post a Comment