Monday, September 9, 2019

Latticed Lullaby Baby Blanket


This blanket has everything that I love in a crochet pattern.  It's quick, it's easy and it's beautiful!  I can't wait for the next baby shower to give it to a little one.

Do you want to hear something crazy?  Just over two years ago, I was afraid to try new stitches but now I just pick up a hook and start crocheting.  Sometimes I have an idea in mind, sometimes I just see what happens.

This project is one that I had been thinking about for a while.  I use this same stitch to make one of my favorite dishcloths.  I wondered how it would look in a bulky yarn as a baby blanket.  It was a successful experiment!  I have another idea in mind for this stitch, so stay tuned!

Below you can see a close up of the beautiful texture in the blanket.  You can also see the results of me goofing around on a day that was too hot to crochet.


Close-up of the stitches.



Add this pattern to your Ravelry Queue.
Pin this pattern on Pinterest.

Supplies:
Bernat Blanket Yarn - 500 yards,  21 ounces
Crochet hook size N
Yarn Needle

Stitches:
Chain = ch
Single Crochet = sc
Chain Space = ch-sp

Pattern: Latticed Lullaby Baby Blanket

Chain 64

Row 1: sc in the 4th ch from the hook, (ch2, skip one ch, sc in next) repeat across row, turn.

Row 2: ch 3, sc in the 1st ch-sp, ch 2 (sc in next ch-sp, ch 2) repeat across row, sc in last ch-sp, turn.

Repeat row 2 until the desired size.

Finished size:34" x38"
Crocheting in August can be HOT!
Happy Crafting
🧡 Grandma Duck 🧡

Don't miss any fun free patterns! 
Subscribe to Grandma Duck Designs by Email

This pattern is for personal use only. 
It cannot be sold, redistributed, or edited in any way.
Copyright 2019, Grandma Duck Designs

No comments:

Post a Comment