Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Pillowcases: Easy Sewing Project

With high school graduations just around the corner, I thought I'd share one of my favorite projects to give to teens that are headed off to college.  I've made dozens of these pillowcases.  Just before graduation, I made the pillowcase seen on the right for my son and his best friend. (Sorry about the poor quality of the photo!)   It gave me a small measure of comfort to know that after 18 years of being best buddies, they would have matching pillowcases to sleep on while away at college.  It's the little things, right?  Both of the boys loved the fabric - crazy monsters riding on rollercoasters.  

Supplies:
3/4 yard of cotton fabric 
1/4 yard of coordinating cotton fabric
Thread
Sewing machine
Rotary cutter and supplies (or scissors)


I've made these pillowcases not only for grads but for children and adults too.  Pictured above and to the right is an assortment of pillowcases made and donated to friends of mine who are a foster care family.  Each of the precious children in their care gets to pick a pillowcase when they arrive and take it with them when they leave.  I've heard back that the children really love having something that is just for them, especially at bedtime.  Pictured below is a pillowcase I made for a dear friend of mine.


    


Happy Crafting!
💗 Grandma Duck 💗

No comments:

Post a Comment