Monday, May 13, 2019

Speedy Hats - Donate to My Community


One of the things that I try to do is to give back to the community.  Last fall I made 18 hats to donate, half went to a local elementary school and the other half went to a local community organization.

I used the Lickety Split Chunky Crochet Beanie pattern from Slipstitch Hollow.  I really like this pattern!  It's easy to follow, and just like the name promises, it is quick to make.




The pattern calls for bulky yarn.  I used up the bulky yarn I had and then used double strands of weight 4 yarn to make the rest. It was fun picking out yarn colors that would complement each other.  I really love the look of the variegated with a solid yarn!  I wonder what combinations I should try this year.  If you have any suggestions, please leave me a comment.

This year, my goal is 24 hats donated in my community.  I know I will be using this pattern again.
     Happy Stitching!
    💗 Grandma Duck 💗

1 comment: