Sunday, June 30, 2019

Simple Blanket: Bulky Yarn


A few years ago, I picked up seven skeins of Bernat Baby Blanket yarn in Pink Twist.  You just can't pass up a Black Friday yarn deal, right?  My granddaughter loves pink, so I thought I"d make her a new blanket for her birthday.  I ended up ordering 3 additional skeins to get the size I wanted.

This was my first time crocheting with Bernat Baby Blanket yarn.  It was so easy to work with!  The little girl might just get a matching hat with the bits I have left over.

Finished size 56" X 46"

Pink Twist Yarn
  
Materials Needed:
10 skeins of Bernat Baby Blanket yarn Pink Twist (small skeins)
1 skein of Bernat Blanket yarn white for the border
Size Q hook
Yarn needle for weaving in ends

Pattern:
Chain 76
Row 1: SC in second ch from hook, SC in each ch across
Row 2: CH 1, turn, SC in each stitch across
Repeat Row 2 until desired length

Border:
 Using white, SC in each st around all four sides, placing 3 SC at each corner.  Slip stitch to join, chain one, repeat border row for a total of two rounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment