Saturday, July 6, 2019

Quick and Thick Baby Blanket

What is soft, squishy and warm?  This blanket!  It would be perfect to cuddle a winter baby, for use with a car seat or on the floor for "tummy-time."

The variegated yarn was a gift from my mom.  Thanks Mom!  I just happened to have one skein of the cream color in my stash.  It was perfect for finishing the blanket.  I love it when the project comes together.

  This took me three days to make, crocheting sporadically.   (It was hot here and this blanket is warm.  I had to take  frequent breaks.) Blankets sure are quick when using bulky yarn!

I've been on a baby blanket kick recently so expect to see more baby blanket patterns soon.  I have another design in the works and have made several using other people's designs.  I just need to weave in ends and photograph the blankets.

Finished size: 31" x 34"

Supplies:
Bernat Baby Blanket Yarn: Little Petunias 6 - 3.5 ounce skeins
Bernat Baby Blanket Yarn: Vanilla 1 - 3.5 ounce skein
Crochet Hook Size N 10 mm
Yarn Needle
Stitch Marker

Stitches and Abbreviations:
Chain = ch
Double Crochet = dc
Single Crochet = sc
Stitch = st
Slip Stitch = sl st
Hook = hk

Pattern:
  • Chain 60
  • Row 1: sc in the second ch from hk and in each chain across
  • Row 2: sc & dc in the first st, skip one st (sc & dc in the next st, skip one st) repeat across, sc in last st, ch 1, turn
  • Repeat row 2 until desired size.
Border:
  • Round 1: Join border color in any sc on the top edge.  ch 1, sc in same stitch, mark first sc with a stitch marker. sc in each st around blanket, placing 3 sc in each corner.  On the sides, place on sc in the side of each sc, and two sc in the side of each dc.  sl st to join.  Remove stitch marker
  • Round 2: ch 2, hdc in same stitch, mark the first hdc with a stitch marker, hdc in each st around blanket, placing a hdc, ch 1, hdc in each corner.  sl st to join.  
Note:  To increase or decrease the size of this blanket, start with an even number of chains.

Pin this pattern on Pinterest
Place this pattern in your Ravelry Queue


Happy Stitching!
💗 Grandma Duck 💗








4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this pattern. I was having such a hard time using Bernat blanket yarn for the first time until I found your pattern. I think the combination of using the larger hook that you used for this pattern and the simple repeat made all the difference. I also love how your start with single crochet for the first row.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotjava - you made my day!! Thank you for your sweet comments!

      Delete
  2. Your post is providing good information. I liked it and enjoyed reading it. Keep sharing such important posts. I am very much pleased with the contents you have mentioned. I wanted to thank you for this great article. I enjoyed every little bit part of it and I will be waiting for the new updates. I really appreciated this post. Just want to say thank you for the information you have shared. Just continue writing this kind of post.
    baby blanket

    ReplyDelete