Saturday, December 29, 2018

Sedge Stripe Dishcloth

One of my goals for 2019 is to try my hand at some crochet designing so I've been working on a few dishcloth/washcloth designs as a starting place.  I've actually designed four so far, but this one is my favorite!  It has a nice texture for scrubbing but isn't too thick.  If you try the pattern, please let me know by leaving a comment.  Stay tuned for more fun designs!


Stitches used:  SC, DC, HDC, Chain
Supplies: Size I crochet hook, cotton dishcloth yarn, scissors, yarn needle

Chain 29 (or a multiple of 3 +2),
Row 1: SC in the 2nd from the hook and across.  Chain 2, turn.
Row 2: DC across.  Chain 1, turn.
Row 3: SC across.   Chain 1, Turn,
Row 4: (Sedge Stitch) (sc, hdc, dc) in the first stitch, [skip 2 stitches, (sc, hdc, dc) in next stitch] repeat until there are 3 stitches remaining, sc in last sc, chain 1, turn
Row 5: Sedge stitch row again.
Rows 6-10: Repeat rows 1-5
Rows 11-15: Repeat rows 1-5
Rows 16-20: Repeat rows 1-5
Rows 21-23: Repeat rows 1-3

Note: turning chain does not count as a stitch in the pattern.

You can also find it on Ravelry here: Sedge Stripe Dishcloth
Pin this pattern on Pinterest.


Happy Crafting!
💗 Grandma Duck 💗

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful absolutely love this. Works up beautifully thank you❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I’m making this today. Can you tell me if a chain 1 is needed at the end of each sedge row?

    ReplyDelete