Sunday, December 30, 2018

Crochet Kitchen Sponge

Several years ago, I crocheted a few circular kitchen scrubbies.  Mine have worn out and needed replacing.  I made my original ones using cotton yarn and tulle, but I recently discovered Red Heart Scrubby Yarn.  After a bit of searching, I found a pattern to try from Cute as a Button.  She designed her pattern to mimic a sponge that has a scrubby side.  Her instructions and tutorial are easy to follow.  This pattern is quick and beginner friendly.  I love how this turned out!

These sponges have become a family favorite.  They work great for cleaning and scrubbing.  After using, they can be washed, dried and reused.

Finished size is 3 1/2" X 5."  



Supplies:
Cotton Yarn: Sugar'n Cream Yellow
Red Heart Scrubby Yarn: Tropical
Crochet Hook size I
Yarn Needle

Crochet Stitches:
Chain
Half Double Crochet

Pattern and Step-By-Step Tutorial:
Cute As A Button: Crochet Kitchen Scrubbyhttp://www.caabcrochet.com/crochet-kitchen-scrubby-pattern/
Two finishing options are given in the pattern.  I whip stitched mine together.  


 Happy Crafting!
💗 Grandma Duck 💗


No comments:

Post a Comment