Saturday, February 22, 2020

Double Lemon Peel Dishcloth


My go-to stitch over the past few years has been the Lemon Peel stitch.  I've used it in dishcloths, hats, scarves, and blankets.  I figured out how to do Lemon Peel in the round.  I have combined it with other stitches.

Nearly 2 years ago, I made myself a note to try the lemon peel stitch with 2 single crochet followed by 2 double crochet to see if I liked it as much as the original stitch.  Good news!  It's lovely!!  As with nearly all my experiments, I started with a dishcloth.  At the right, you can see my first attempt.  Isn't it pretty?

If you haven't tried the Lemon Peel stitch, you should today!  Here are a few of my favorite patterns that use it: Popsicle Pom-Pom Hat, Biscotti Stripes Dishcloth, Northern Lights Winter Scarf, Tub Time Trio Baby Washcloths, Lumpy Lemonade Dishcloth, and Lemon Peel Dishcloth.


Place this pattern in your Ravelry Queue
Pin this pattern on Pinterest

Close up view of the stitches

If you make one of these dishcloths, please tag me on social media or share a photo with me in the comments.  I love seeing my designs come to life!

Supplies:
Cotton yarn
Size H
Yarn Needle
Scissors

Abbreviations:
ch = chain
sc = single crochet
dc = double crochet
st = stitch
sts = stitches
hk = hook
sl-st = slip stitch


Notes:
  • The turning chain does not count as a stitch.
  • Gauge is not important.
  • The single crochet stitches are above the double crochet stitches and the double crochet stitches are placed above the single crochet stitches.
  • To change the size, use a starting chain of a multiple of 4 +1.


Instructions:

ch 29

Row 1: sc in 2nd ch from hk, sc in next st, dc in each of the next two sts {sc, sc, dc, dc} repeat across ending with dc, ch 1, turn (28 stitches)

Row 2: sc in 1st st, sc in next, dc in next, dc in next {sc, sc, dc, dc} repeat across ending with dc, ch 1, turn (28 stitches)

Repeat row 2 until square or desired size.

Optional border:
ch 1, turn, sc across, in corner sc-ch-sc, sc down the side evenly placing stitches, repeat corners and sc along the remaining two sides, ch and sl-st join to first sc.

With border
Close-up of border
  

Happy Crafting
🧡 Grandma Duck 🧡

Don't miss any upcoming free patterns!
Subscribe to Grandma Duck Designs by Email

Email: grandmaduckdesigns@gmail.com

This pattern is for personal use only. It cannot be sold, redistributed, or edited in any way.
Copyright 2020, Grandma Duck Designs





2 comments:

  1. I haven't tried this stich but must say it looks great and worth trying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you enjoy trying the double lemon peel!

      Delete