Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Lemon Peel Dishcloth

This dishcloth is a beginner friendly pattern.  The Lemon Peel stitch makes a fairly dense dishcloth, perfect for cleaning.  It's also fantastic for washcloths.  It's one of my favorites and one of my "go to" stitches!  I've used it in other projects too, so watch for more Lemon Peel fun coming soon!




I prefer about a 7.5 inch square dishcloth, so I start with 29 chains.   Any odd number will work for the starting chain.  

Supplies:
Crochet Hook (H or I.)
Cotton Yarn 
Yarn Needle
Scissors

Crochet Stitches:
Chain
Single Crochet
Double Crochet

Pattern:
Ch-29, sc in second ch from hook, dc in next.  {Sc in next, dc in next repeat until end} Chain 1 and then turn. (28 Stitches)
Rows 2-24 (or until square): sc in first st, dc in second.  {sc in next, dc in next to end.}  Chain 1, turn.  Repeat until dishcloth is the desired size.  Fasten off and then weave in the ends.  This is a quick dishcloth that can be made in less than an hour.  

No comments:

Post a Comment