Friday, February 1, 2019

Goal Progress: January

Do you make New Year's Resolutions?  I don't!  Instead, I think about what I want to accomplish for the upcoming year and set goals.  I need something concrete that I can follow and work towards.  This year, I want to work on building Grandma Duck Designs and my crafting productivity.

I started this blog just after Christmas.  (I mean, who doesn't consider it to be the new year once you are through the holidays?)  As a new blogger, I was unsure of what to expect.  I've been pleasantly surprised.   So far I've had 607 page views - AMAZING!  Next on my list is to set up an online store for digital downloads.  If anyone has suggestions, I'd love to hear them!

This year I set some stretch goals for both Grandma Duck Designs and for myself.  My craft related goals include the following.
  • Crochet, knit, or sew fifty items.  
    • So far I've completed eleven.  See the picture below,
  • Blog twenty-five times
    • I published 3 posts in December and six in January.  
  • Design twenty-five graphghans or graphghan block patterns
    • I have four rough drafts so far: a Mary Poppins silhouette, a pirate ship, a rose, and tulips.  These will be finalized and published soon.
  • Design 12 crochet patterns


Projects Completed in January 2019
  • 1. Soap Saver.  I used this pattern from Jada In Stitches.  It worked up quickly!
  • 2. Sedge Stripe Dishcloth.  This was made from my first ever published design!  I love how it looks.  Expect to see more projects this year using the same stitches.  
  • 3. Poncho Vest.  This is an adaptation of the Misty Morning Poncho by Simple Things Crochet.  I sized the poncho down to fit my duckling.  She wanted buttons up the front so I slip stitched and created button loops with slip stitches.  This was so much fun to make!  I have yarn picked out to make myself one later this year.
  • 4-7.  Dreaming of Spring Dishcloths.  This is my second published design!  I love to make dishcloths, and round ones are so much fun!  I particularly love the way that the center feels like a flower.  
  • 8-11.  Scrubbies.  The scrubby pattern comes from Daisy Cottage Designs.  The larger ones are made with one strand of cotton yarn, one of scrubby yarn and a J hook.  They are perfect for the kitchen!  The smaller ones are made following the pattern with one strand of cotton yarn and are perfect as a face scrubby or make-up remover.  Eco-Friendly!
I'd love to read your crafty goals for 2019.  Please add a comment and share what you are doing this year.  
 Happy Crafting!
💗 Grandma Duck 💗



No comments:

Post a Comment