Thursday, August 1, 2019

Cottage Windows Dishcloth

Happy first day of August!

Picture yourself gazing out the window of a cozy beach cottage at the shifting sand along the beach.  That's what I see when I look at this pretty dishcloth.

This pattern is a spin-off from the Shifting Sands Dishcloth.  When I was creating the prototype for Shifting Sands, I wondered if it would work out to add a strip of single crocheted stitches down the middle and two rows of single crochet across the center rows.  I was hoping that it would look like a four paned window.  It does!

Since I started my designing journey at the beginning of the year, I have been flooded with ideas to try.  The ideas come faster than I can create test projects.  Right now I have a hat, two blankets and a new stitch technique in the works plus a notebook full of potential projects.




Supplies:
Cotton yarn
Hook size H
Scissors
Yarn needle

Abbreviations:
ch = chain
st = stitch
sc = single crochet
sl st = slip stitch
hdc = half double crochet
hk = hook

Note: ch 1 is a turning chain and does not count as a stitch.

Pattern: 
Ch 27
Row 1: sc in 2nd st from hk, sc across (26 stitches)
Row 2: ch 1, turn, sc in each st across (26 stitches)
Row 3-12: ch 1, turn, sc in first two st [hdc in next, sl st in next, repeat 5 times] sc in next 2 s [hdc in next, sl st in next, repeat 5 times]  sc in last 2 st (26 stitches)
Rows 13-14: repeat row 2
Rows 15-24: repeat row 3
Rows 25-26: repeat row 2

Add this pattern to your Ravelry Queue
Pin this pattern on Pinterest

Happy Crafting
🧡 Grandma Duck 🧡

This pattern is for personal use only. It cannot be sold, redistributed, or edited in any way.


2 comments:

  1. Hello! I'm looking over pattern and in row 3, I see a stitch htdc? Is this a typo? Should this be hdc?

    ReplyDelete